Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Appetizer that Even Children can Make



I found this appetizer idea in a recent Martha Stewart magazine, and thought I'd share my version.
Take Pillsbury pie crust like shown, and unroll on lightly floured surface.


Sprinkle one roll of the dough with cinnamon and sugar; I like these grinders, and the other roll of dough with basil, garlic, and parmesan.  




Then use fall cookie cutters to cut out shapes.  Bake for about 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.  Let cool and put on serving dish for a cute Thanksgiving appetizer.  I like to mix the different varieties on the plate.  It makes a nice sweet and savory combination.



I would let my kids make these the night before.  Enjoy!

P.S. You should save a few of the cinnamon ones to garnish your pies.

1 comment: