Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cooking from my Stockpile

OK, so this week I'm challenging myself, and yes it is a major challenge, to not go to the grocery store.  It's a challenge because not only is it something I've always done since I got married, but I actually like grocery shopping!  Once a week you go to the grocery store right?  Well for me at least, this is the way it is, or was.

My plan is this two week menu listed below:

Sunday-Contessa brand stir-fry chicken over jasmine rice (cooked with about a tsp garlic, juice from half a lime, and EVOO)

Monday-Homemade spinach, feta and tomato pizza with caramelized onion and garlic (I make dough in the bread-maker)

Tuesday-Tuna and egg salad sandwiches, carrot sticks, and homemade potato salad

Wednesday-baked Mahi Mahi, dittalini with parmesan, evoo and italian seasoning, and steamed broccoli with garlic and evoo

Thursday-homemade chicken pot-pie

Friday-Veggie burger crumbled and sauteed with onion and garlic mixed with marinara sauce, and served over quinoa

Saturday-Homemade cream of broccoli soup, homemade garlic bread (from freezer)

Sunday-Stouffers Chicken Enchiladas from freezer (these are really good), chips and salsa

Monday-Hash brown Frittata, fresh fruit

Tuesday-Basa w/chili and lime marinade, salad, brown rice w/garlic and evoo

Wednesday- Turkey Burger nachos w/lettuce, tomato, shredded cheddar, salsa, and sour cream

Thursday- Homemade gnocchi and meatball in marinara from freezer and steamed green beans

Friday-Homemade pizza (dough from bread-maker) make 2, 1 cheese w/peppers, olives, and oinion and 1 w/turkey sausage

Saturday-Chicken and dumpling soup

Sunday-Grilled bar-b-que, ginger chicken, rice w/mixed veggies and garlic

OH yea, and did I mention we will not be eating out; this isn't a terribly big challenge because we eat out only once a week at most anyway.

I pack my boys lunches every day, and will continue with what's shown.

I also will be eating lunch from the shown supplies.

Next week I'm only going to shop for fresh fruit and veggies.

This is what I have to work with




































This idea/plan couldn't have come at a better time, because my pantry and freezer are pretty well stocked, and with company coming for thanksgiving I'd love to clean out and start fresh.  Who knows maybe I can even take this to 3 weeks.

Check back next week to see how I did!

1 comment: