I plan to continue with the menu for week two, and no, by the way, I did not go the grocery store! This was a major accomplishment. I love how I'm going through my food and cleaning out in preparation for Thanksgiving.
Let's see if I can do it again this week.
Also I just found this great saving site with all kids of coupons and deal alerts; check it out! www.savings.com
Just discovered this post from a fellow blogger about an super inexpensive way to put Thanksgiving dinner on the table!
Walmart wants to help folks out with their Thanksgiving dinner plans.
Here are the details:
A turkey dinner for eight as low as $20
According to a survey by the American Farm Bureau Federation, last year’s average cost of a turkey was roughly $1.19 per pound. Beginning today, select Grade A turkeys are available for 40 cents per pound at Walmart.* These gobblers are part of Walmart’s $20 Thanksgiving menu guaranteeing family favorites will be on the dinner table this holiday season. Walmart’s $20 Thanksgiving feast includes:
- One 12-pound Grade A turkey*
- Three 11 to 15.5-ounce cans Green Giant vegetables
- Two 14-ounce cans Ocean Spray cranberry sauce
- Three 6-ounce boxes of Stove Top stuffing
- One 5-pound bag of red potatoes
- One 12-count package of Sara Lee dinner rolls
- One 22-ounce pumpkin roll cake