Monday, November 9, 2009

Confession Time

Well for those of you that saw my post on not going to the grocery store, and my menu plan, I did pretty well, but not great.  I stuck to my menu plan pretty closely except Thursday night my husband brought home pizza (he had a gift certificate for a free one), and I wasn't going to pass that up, and Friday both my little boys got excellent progress reports from school, so we thought we'd go out and celebrate.

I plan to continue with the menu for week two, and no, by the way, I did not go the grocery store!  This was a major accomplishment.   I love how I'm going through my food and cleaning out in preparation for Thanksgiving.

Let's see if I can do it again this week.

Also I just found this great saving site with all kids of coupons and deal alerts; check it out! www.savings.com

Just discovered this post from a fellow blogger about an super inexpensive way to put Thanksgiving dinner on the table!

A $20.00 Thanksgiving Dinner Deal


Walmart wants to help folks out with their Thanksgiving dinner plans.
Here are the details:

A turkey dinner for eight as low as $20 
According to a survey by the American Farm Bureau Federation, last year’s average cost of a turkey was roughly $1.19 per pound. Beginning today, select Grade A turkeys are available for 40 cents per pound at Walmart.* These gobblers are part of Walmart’s $20 Thanksgiving menu guaranteeing family favorites will be on the dinner table this holiday season. Walmart’s $20 Thanksgiving feast includes:
  • One 12-pound Grade A turkey*
  • Three 11 to 15.5-ounce cans Green Giant vegetables
  • Two 14-ounce cans Ocean Spray cranberry sauce
  • Three 6-ounce boxes of Stove Top stuffing
  • One 5-pound bag of red potatoes
  • One 12-count package of Sara Lee dinner rolls
  • One 22-ounce pumpkin roll cake
If you use coupons, it could be even cheaper!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family!

    Feeding 3 boys, LOL. You must be in the kitchen all day with their non stop, growing boy, hunger. I just restocked on Friday after trying to use up all the extra stuff floating around my pantry. That was an expensive grocery trip but I feel better with fresh stock to work from going into the holidays.

    I saw The Rocker and it made me laugh. My hubby is still a rocker, at 54. He owns 6 guitars and is always on the prowl for more. I love walking in my kitchen door and hearing him upstairs in our bonus room cranking up the amplifier and rocking out. I know, weird huh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, and yes I think I spend half my day in the kitchen. Not weird at all! My son's #1 instrument is electric guitar, but he plays acoustic, bass, drums, and keyboard as well. I think music is a talent your just born with. Sounds like you have a great marriage and family!

    ReplyDelete