Friday, November 20, 2009

A Little Decorating Trick

Thought I'd share this decorating trick on symetry, and the art of disguise.

I don't know about you, but I dispise electronics, at least the look of them.  With their ugly black boxes, cords all over the place, and dust attracting abilities, they really have no place in the home.

Unfortunately they Are a neccessary evil.

Needless to say, I'm thrilled when I come up with a way to hide them.

Check out what I came up with:

Notice the 2 orange placemats; one was used to hide a dvr.  On the oppisite side I got a black book about the same size, and placed it in the same manner to mirror the dvr, topped them both with a plant and Viola!  Hidden electronics!

I still need to put a little something at the base of the TV (I see wires lurking), but I'll save that for another post!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! I also hate cords and electronics stuff that shows. Don't even ask me about the speaker argument with Hubby :)

    ReplyDelete