Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Cute Girly Gift!

What do you buy for the little girl that has everything?
Well I came up with this idea when I was at Target last week browsing through their dollar spot.  I found these cookie cutters and icing decorator set for only $2.50 each.  After that discovery, my wheels started spinning.  I thought why not make a gift basket for baking fun.  I know when I was a little girl I absolutely loved to bake!

This is what I came up with for under $20.00

In this box I included a couple of cake (a strawberry because it looked girly and dark chocolate) mixes, gingerbread cookie mix, sugar cookie mix, 2 sets of cookie cutters, an icing decorator kit, girly colored sprinkles, pink icing, and pastel cupcake papers






I used a box I already had, and covered it in this pretty purple wrapping paper.  Also lined it with this tissue I had on hand, and wrapped it all with cellophane.

This was a lot of fun to put together, and I love giving a gift that is original and hand made.

3 comments:

  1. I like you blog :)
    Greetings from Italy!

    Federica
    http://sweet-as-a-candy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift. I may use that idea for a long time friend of mine that has everything. We have miles (and states) between us but Christmas will get us together. We live in an area where marionberries are popular and I think I'm going to make a basket like that with jellies, syrup and pancake mixes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet comments as usual. I love goody baskets and I'm sure your friend will too!

    ReplyDelete