CREAMY CORN MUFFINS
- 2 pkgs. "JIFFY" Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (12 oz.) cream style corn
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375°, grease muffin pans or use paper liners.
Mix all ingredients together. Pour into prepared muffin pans, filling about 1/2 full. Bake 22-28 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan.
I will be making these muffins to go along with a big pot of chili. These are the best corn muffins I've ever had!
My favorite Salsa; This recipe came from my good friend Eva who is from Mexico.
- 6 large tomatoes, red and ripe
- 2-4 serrano peppers, depending on how spicy you like it
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon or 2 cubes
- 1/3 cup water (preferably the cooking liquid)
- 1/4 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1Place the whole tomatoes in a saucepan with the peppers; cover with water and bring to a boil.
2Simmer gently until the tomatoes are fairly soft but not falling apart - about 5 minutes.
3Drain, but reserve 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid.
4Mix the bouillon into the 1/3 cup reserved cooking liquid and pour into the jar of a blender.
5Add garlic; blend until the garlic is finely dispersed throughout the liquid.
6Add the tomatoes and peppers to the blender jar, and blend for a few seconds. Do not over blend. It should have a rough texture.
7Heat the olive oil in the bottom of a sauce pan.
8Add the chopped onion and saute a couple of minutes.
9Add the sauce from the blender.
10Cook on high heat, stirring from time to time scraping the bottom of the pan until the sauce is reduced - about 6 - 8 minutes.
- This salsa recipe is AMAZING my husband brags about it all the time and wants me to make it anytime we have people over.
- Enjoy and have a fun weekend.
- Don't eat too much!!!