Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall Decor for Free!

OK, well maybe not free but 1 penny;  I'd say that's pretty close!  Yesterday I was shopping at Publix  as is my normal Monday routine, and I noticed the 1 cent item was Publix brand candy.  Now for those of you who don't know, or aren't Publix shoppers, every Monday they have the mystery one penny item, at least they do here in Georgia.

As I went through the candy display, I was thinking about what to do with the candy.  I could give it to the kids class, donate it to church...I certainly wasn't going to bring it home to eat, or give to my kids to eat.  Finally I chose the candy corns because they reminded me of fall.  Later that day I was inspired to start playing with them.

Look what I came up with!!!

I had this orange flower and filled this glass with candy corn



I picked up pines cones from my backyard and poked the candy corn into the holes


Decorated pine cones instead of candles for a unique centerpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment