Monday, March 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


This week is especially exciting, and busy for me because my oldest son will be with us.  He has been away at school, and will be home on spring break this week, so more cooking and more food!   Also later in the week we will be visiting some extended family, so I'll have a night off cooking.

Here's my menu plan:

Grilled Mahi Mahi with a cilantro parsley pesto, green salad and baked potatoes with sour cream and scallions

Chicken caesar salad pitas, roasted carrots, and potato salad from the extra potatoes that I baked the night before.  The pitas are super simple to make.  Just whip up a caesar salad, throw in some grilled chicken, toss together and stuff in whole wheat pitas.

Grilled Turkey Burgers and a Black bean burger(for me...more and more I'm just now much of a meat eater),  sweet potato fries

Homemade Chili (from freezer) served over rice, with shredded cheddar and cilantro

Copy cat night we are copying recipes of some of our favorite foods from restaurants.  Each family member is picking a different food to prepare, here are a few we've decided on,
Carrabbas Pollo Rosa Maria Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Buiscuits, Chili's Skillet Queso (I will be making this from a recipe I'll create with a healthier spin), Carrabbas Mediterranean Salad, and I'm sure we'll come up with a dessert.

I can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment