Since I love all of this so much, I thought I could share a few tips that would be helpful to those who aren't quite as compulsive as I.
1. Keep a bag to donate in or near your closet. I purge on a weekly basis any clothes, shoes, and accessories that I don't need anymore. A great time to do this is when your folding the laundry.
2. Keep a least a finger width between hangers. I know this sound a little much, but it makes the clothes look and hang so much nicer, and allows you to see what's hanging much more easily.
3. Organize in a way that works for you, so that it's easy to get dressed in the morning. I group like colors together, and arrange color grouping short to long sleeve.
4. Clean your closet now and then. The closet get dusty and dirty just like the rest of the house. Take a few minutes now and then to use the vacuum, or mop and dust cloth.
5. Keep shoes and accessories organized in a way that works best for you, and I can't stress enough purge regularly anything you haven't used for awhile.
6. My last tip would be that less is more. This is huge, but so many have trouble with this concept. It makes life easier. There are many others less fortunate than you, who could really use what's just collecting dust in your closet. A few guidelines that may help you decide if you should hang on to an item.
Does the item make you look good?
Does the item fit?
Is the piece giving you the image you want to project to others?
Have you worn the item within the last 6 months?
If you answered no to any of these questions it's time to donate.
Here's a peek inside my closet