Friday, December 4, 2009

Recycled Gift Wrap!!!


I know a lot of you save gift bags, some maybe even save used wrapping paper, and others bows, but have you ever thought of saving all these?

I am vowing this year to not buy any gift wrapping paraphernalia.  This will be difficult because most of you know that have read my blog for any time at all, that I LOVE to shop.  It's just so tempting this time of year  to snatch up those pretty papers and ribbons, not to mention all the gorgeous boxes and bags.   BUT I'm committing  to not buy ANY and I mean ANY, Christmas wrapping stuff.


Here are some gifts I wrapped myself, and a store bag I reused.
You can stick a bow over top of a tag or label and it's as good as new!



I got some of the ideas from Deliciously Organized.  Isn't this beautiful?




this ones from Martha Stewart

A few tips to help you use what's on hand and make it fun and pretty:

Rip pages from holiday magazines or catalogs once you done reading them; you can use these to wrap small presents.

Save wrapping paper scraps to make coordinating or contrasting "ribbons" around your gifts.

Save newspaper pages, especially ones that are festive fun or funny.  Ex. the sports section may be great gift wrap for the men in your life.

Save tissue too.  Gifts can look really great wrapped in this.  I even like the look of wrinkled tissue.  It has sort of a shabby chic look.

Ask for paper bags at the grocery store.  Punch some hole in the top and feed ribbon through for handles.  You can decorate or leave plain for a simple rustic look.

6 comments:

  1. Those are great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet! Thanks for the mention! I agree, I should be doing the same thing this year! Great tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really great!!

    Glad to meet you...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the newspaper idea with the sports page! So cute for Father's Day presents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Vanessa,

    Can you send me your email address? I have some "blogging" ideas for you :)

    ~Shelley~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome ideas Vanessa! Reusing boxes, paper & gift wrap is such a win-win situation -- save the earth & save money :) Keep the ideas coming :)

    ReplyDelete